Legal Registration

We will take care of all the paperwork and the registration for you. If you don't want a ceremony at all, but wish to rather have your marriage properly registered, again, we will see that this is done without you having to see the inside of a Home Affairs Office.

Required paperwork and documentation:



  • ID Books and copies of both Bride and Groom
  • If you have been Divorced: Divorce decree (Please note: If divorced more than once all Divorce Decrees are required)   If married in South Africa and divorced overseas you will need a apostille stamp on court order of divorce from the South African embassy in that country.If divorce decree in foreign language this document must be officially translated into english.             
  • If you are a widow or widower - Death certificate

Marrying Ante Nuptial: please go and see your attorney and have the contract drawn up and signed before the day of the marriage
                                                                                                                                             Obtain a letter from the attorney, addressed to the marriage officer, in which the Attorney confirms:

1. The full names of all the parties.
2. The date on which the parties intending marriage signed the contract.

This letter must be handed to the marriage officer before the day of the marriage.

We also offer a anc contract registered with the deeds office

  • Copy of both witnesses ID documents
  • 3 colour ID size photographs per person (Bride and Groom)
  • Certain countries require unabridged and/or Apostil documents.                                                                                                                                                 

You will be notified if these documents are needed. We process your unabridged document through Home Affairs with the Apostil document. There are additional charges for this.




Additional documentation required for a foreigner:                                                                                                                                                   

  • Letter of no impediment from your embassy declaring your marital status.              
  • Copy of passport (That includes photograph)
  • Copy of the stamp on the inside of your passport which shows legal entry into S.A.Suggested to enter with a marriage visa.                                             
  • Tourist Visa, work permit or Marital Visa.
  • In some instances an affidavit may be required for your marital status.
  • Sign a BI 31 document (Affidavit for Marriage) on the day of marriage.
  • Immigration appointments are now a prerequisite for all foreigners marrying in South Africa. This is only applicable South African to foreigner.2foreigners marrying do not require interview.

Please note fingerprints are also required and done by myself.